mom of 5, wife, fulltime Cardiovascular Registered Nurse, ISSA Certified Ass Kicker, owner and developer of www.bodiesbyetaya.com (underconstrucution)... prepping for my first figure compeition

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Kids are home for springbreak for a full week... and some have been out of school for a full 3 weeks straight due to the year round school schedule in Vegas... and let's not forget about my 12 days off from work. I had big plans for myself... no 12 hour shifts, no homework to get through, no making of school lunches, no getting up early to make sure the kids make it to school on time, no sports games or practices to attend, etc... I was free, free, free!! The plan was to use this time to get a strong foundation in my competition prep... somehow, I did not accomplish anythingI set out to accomplish. Somehow, I've found myself to be busier and more tied down than when the kids were at school, sports practices, and I'm knocking out 12 hour shifts... oh, and did I mention I am somehow 6 lbs heavier. The good thing is that I am not 12 weeks out as of yet... which is initially when I planned to kill it but still, I wanted to get a strong base!! The bad news is that I've backed tracked... I will spend the next 2 to 3 weeks getting rid of these additional 6 lbs that I managed to gain in only 3 to 4 days!! Yes the kids are home and although I have been knocking out my gym time... I've also been knocking out the pizza, the tub of popcorn at the movies, cold stone creamery... my diet has gone to hell!! All in the name of making sure the kids vacation isn't shot to hell! Especially since I'm feeling so bad about our cancelled vaction plans...we initially had plans to go out of town that came to a screeching hault after discovering some vehicle problems during a routine oil change. So needless to say, our vehicle went into the shop for repairs for a full week and we are all stuck in Vegas during springbreak, which might I add is the best place to be "stuck" at! This morning I woke up with that bloated filling after another splurge meal last night, I hopped on the scale to discover myself 6 lbs heavier, went downstairs and annouced to my family that vacation has officially ended!! So now I have found myself on a new journey... undo the damage I did in a matter of days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment